The James Henry Thomas Scholarship is a selective, non-refundable scholarship for high school seniors and current college students. This scholarship award ranges from $500 or more per academic year and will be sent directly to the requested institution. All applications are due no later than June 1st to be considered for the upcoming fall semester. Applicants must re-apply each year.
In order to be eligible for the James Henry Thomas Scholarship, the student must meet the following criteria:
- North Carolina permanent resident (college/university does not have to be in NC)
- Be a high school senior of current college student, 17-23 years of age
To apply for the scholarship, please submit the following information:
- An application information form
- An official transcript from current high school or current college/university
- A college/university acceptance letter and/or current college/university class schedule
- Two letters of recommendation from academic professionals. The Letter of Recommendation Guidelines form is to be completed and turned in with letters of recommendation.
- Proof of financial need (a document showing you have completed a FAFSA application)
- An essay that includes:
- Personal introduction
- Your involvement in extracurricular activities and/or community service
- What obtaining this scholarship would mean to you/your family
- Your academic and career goals
The essay is to be 2 pages double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, 1 inch margins
Submitting Application Materials:
Submit your materials by mail ONLY. Applications will not be accepted using any other method. All materials are to be mailed at once within the same package/envelope.
James Henry Thomas Scholarship
P.O. Box 8201
Fayetteville, NC 28311
- All recipients will be required to attend a scholarship dinner that will be scheduled for the last Saturday of June from 1 pm-3:30 pm.
- All recipients will be required to submit a digital professional head shot to email@example.com. This photo will be displayed on the website and other published materials. Please complete the media consent form.
- All recipients will be required to submit a biography (totaling in a minimum of 5 sentences) to be displayed on the website and other published materials.